Well, December is here and Dan and I have started getting ready for the holidays. It all started the other day when I brought home a poinsettia - it put me right into the holiday spirit! Yesterday, I brought out the Menorah and picked up the candles and some gelt. Today, Dan and I went out and purchased our first holiday tree together. Now...getting a holiday tree in Los Angeles, is a little different than getting a holiday tree in Pitt Meadows. First, you don't go to a tree farm - as there are none. We went to home depot's parking lot. Second - we didn't get to saw it down ourselves - it was already cut. Last, no need for scarves and gloves...it was eighty degrees today - we were sweating just walking back to the car. Anyways, we set it up, it looks great! It's a Noble Fur and about 4 1/2 feet tall - or so. Only a few decorations so far...mom's expressing the rest down from Canada.
Saturday, December 02, 2006
The Holidays are Coming!
Well, December is here and Dan and I have started getting ready for the holidays. It all started the other day when I brought home a poinsettia - it put me right into the holiday spirit! Yesterday, I brought out the Menorah and picked up the candles and some gelt. Today, Dan and I went out and purchased our first holiday tree together. Now...getting a holiday tree in Los Angeles, is a little different than getting a holiday tree in Pitt Meadows. First, you don't go to a tree farm - as there are none. We went to home depot's parking lot. Second - we didn't get to saw it down ourselves - it was already cut. Last, no need for scarves and gloves...it was eighty degrees today - we were sweating just walking back to the car. Anyways, we set it up, it looks great! It's a Noble Fur and about 4 1/2 feet tall - or so. Only a few decorations so far...mom's expressing the rest down from Canada.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Tree looks great! Its wonderful that you two are combining your holiday traditions. Just a reminder that Poinsettias are poisonous, just in case Clutch likes nibbling on plants. Love Ya!
Mom
Congrats on your holiday tree. Can't believe the holidays are just around the corner. Looking forward to spending them with you and Dan.
well, we put up our tree too. Just walk out to the storage room, pull out of box and assemble. Wala!
Post a Comment