Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Break is Here!

Now that Spring Break is finally here, I have time to do some updates! I'm going to go back a few weeks...

My students did a really cute project in science. I think they've been studying bugs, so the science teacher had them make their very own stick bugs! I took a picture of each of my students holding their creation. Some put them on their heads, others on their backpacks ~ it was so cute!



Dan and I went to our friend Will's 30th birthday party in the park. It was so great because the park was kind of hard to find. You couldn't drive to it and you had to walk up this hill for a while. Anyways, there was no one else there ~ perfect! We had blankets, and snacks, and champagne, and...masks?!



We also went to our friend Michael's birthday at this great place downtown. It's called Wurstkuche ~ it's a beer and sausage kitchen...check it out for yourself: http://www.wurstkucherestaurant.com So delicious...and they serve Chimay, which I love.

As some of you know, I've been working on the school's accreditation for the last year or so...it finally came to a close! I'm so glad to have that monkey off my back! The whole experience (although stressful) taught me a lot about the school...good thing it only occurs every six years or so. My friend, Jeni, gave me this beautiful orchid as a little completion gift...she's so wonderful!



In other news...My parents arrive in LA Friday and we're heading up to Santa Barbara wine country for the weekend! We're staying a Solving (Paula's Pancake House...Yum!) and will be visiting some of my favorite vineyards. I'm pretty sure Mom and Dad are going to love Fess Parker.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Morning Jen,
You two are having too much fun. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Mom

Jennifer Friedman said...

Can't wait to see you too!! xo