At school, Second Grade is known as the Urban Squirrels. Each month they are responsible for collecting food from each of the other classrooms, counting it up, charting it, and delivering it to the soup kitchen. My little Squirrels have been absolutely amazing ~ they've brought in an unbelievable amount of food so far and are the current leaders (the class who brings in the most food items by the end of the school year are awarded a grant of $1,500 to donate to the charity of their choice). I've been wanting to do something special for my Urban Squirrels, as they've been such an inspiration. Today I headed out to Santa Monica to the Urban Craft Center (http://www.theurbancraftcenter.com/). It's a wonderfully charming shop/studio space that has everything a crafty girl could ask for! Using their equipment, I made each of my students a little Urban Squirrel pin to wear during their food collections ~ I can't wait to hand them out next week!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
The Urban Squirrels
At school, Second Grade is known as the Urban Squirrels. Each month they are responsible for collecting food from each of the other classrooms, counting it up, charting it, and delivering it to the soup kitchen. My little Squirrels have been absolutely amazing ~ they've brought in an unbelievable amount of food so far and are the current leaders (the class who brings in the most food items by the end of the school year are awarded a grant of $1,500 to donate to the charity of their choice). I've been wanting to do something special for my Urban Squirrels, as they've been such an inspiration. Today I headed out to Santa Monica to the Urban Craft Center (http://www.theurbancraftcenter.com/). It's a wonderfully charming shop/studio space that has everything a crafty girl could ask for! Using their equipment, I made each of my students a little Urban Squirrel pin to wear during their food collections ~ I can't wait to hand them out next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
They look just like the pictures of the squirrel I sent you off the railing. Havent seen to much of them lately now the snow is gone. The kids will love the pins.
Love Ya!
I showed them to the class today and they are so excited to put them on tomorrow!! I'm very sad that the owl has gone ~ I was hoping to see it in real life.
Love the squirrel pins! And especially love that it all goes for a good cause. Go Urban Squirrels!
Thanks sista!!! oxoxox
Post a Comment