Thursday, January 01, 2009

Goodbye 2008...Hello 2009!

It's hard to believe how fast a year goes by, and this one seemed to go faster than the last. 2008 was filled with so many wonderful events including 3 weddings, 4 babies, several trips home (Vancouver/Teaneck), "Girls Getaway Weekend", a trip to Portland, and an amazing family reunion in San Francisco. I'm so excited to see what 2009 has to bring!
During the month of December, I spent a lot of time thinking about my New Year's Resolutions (Dan, on the other hand, thinks this is ridiculous, as resolutions can be initiated at any time, not solely on the first of the year). Anyway, I've resolved to be more adventurous and diverse in my cooking. I received a book for Chanukah, from my thoughtful sister-in-law, Tanya, that I knew would help me get going...Martha Stewart (I love her!) Everyday Meals ~ A compilation of recipes from her small digest. It's awesome!! I've already made my first roast with roasted potatoes, shallots, and green beans!



To bring in the New Year, Dan made our annual lobster dinner ~ It's a tradition we started five years ago! This year really was the best ~ those lobsters were delicious!! After dinner, we headed out to celebrate with friends in Eagle Rock.

No comments: