Sunday, October 05, 2008

Second Annual Girls Getaway Weekend!

Last October, Jodie and I decided to get out of the city to enjoy some real fall weather, visit some wineries, and drink some serious wine! We headed up to Paso for the weekend and it become our first annual Girls Getaway Weekend.
For our second getaway, we decided to head up to Santa Ynes. It was absolutely beautiful! Although pretty warm, it was great to see some fall colours - we even visited a pumpkin patch and an apple orchard.


After driving up to wine country, we decided to stop at our favorite sandwich shop - Panino (so delish) we were having trouble finding a parking spot, but luckily we ran into Noah Wyle and he offered us his!! What a great start to Girls Weekend. Anyways, here we are at Bridlewood for our first wine-tasting of the day.


In our travels we stumbled across the Santa Ynes Mission. The view from the top was gorgeous.



We love a good pumpkin patch and on our last trip we found the most amazing farm, complete with pumpkin expert. This year we weren't so lucky, but we found a place with a cute assortment of pumpkins. I tried to pick one with an interesting handle...can't wait to carve it!


After a pretty full day of wine-tasting, we decided to check out some interesting little towns. We started off in a little Dutch town called Salvang. We checked out the book store, the year-round Christmas store, and enjoyed some delicious dutch pancakes!



We did some apple picking - Jodie picked some Golden Delicious and I picked a bag of Granny Smith. I've already made a pie since being home and had a piece just a moment ago!


No girls weekend would be complete without our gal Edy!


This is kind of a random photo - But who could resists a turkey on the main street in Los Olivos?! I couldn't!

Well, girls getaway weekend was awesome and we're already thinking about next year!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great weekend! Can't think of a better friend to share it with! XOXO

Unknown said...

What a great getaway. When I retire can I come toooo!!
Mom

Jennifer Friedman said...

Mom, I was just telling Jodie that next time you visit we'll go up and stay in Solvang together - you'll love it! oxo

Lori said...

Looks like you girls had a wonderful time. Beautiful pictures Jen.