Sunday, September 21, 2008

Goodbye Summer, Welcome Fall...



This has been a wonderful summer filled with travel, family, weddings, babies and sunshine. Even though I'm sad to see it go, I'm excited for what the fall brings. Believe it or not, the weather does get a bit "fallish" here in L.A. and yes, there are a few trees that lose their leaves. Now, this fall is particularly special - not because of Canadian and American Thanksgivings, although those are awesome! - we're going to be celebrating Tanya and Mike's wedding!! Dan and I are heading to N.J. in early November for the special day and we're both so pleased to be members of the bridal party.

To help bring in the new season, I decided that today would be the perfect day to make some soup! (Dan and I have been sick all weekend, hopefully this help cure us by tomorrow.) Over a year ago, we had a little party at the house for a few January birthday boys. We decided to do potluck and our friend Tane brought over the most delicious Poblano Corn Chowder - it was love at first taste. The recipe comes from this great soup cookbook called Daily Soup (I totally recommend it!). Anyways, I've been writing this as I've been cooking and I just tasted the finished product...mmmm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jenny Bell, I've been so busy I havent looked at your blog since the school year started again. Thank you for your good wishes, we just celebrated our anniversary last night by going out to dinner in downtown Vancouver, and then to the Neil Diamond Concert, it was great!
Love Mom