Thursday, June 19, 2008

Odds and Ends

On my first day back at home, we celebrated my papa's birthday. We were all gathered in the family room chit-chatting, when out of nowhere Dad spots a big black bear sauntering down the dike right in front of our house...I know - crazy! Anyways, the next day Mom, Dad and I went on a walk, and were of course, on "bear-watch". We ended up finding what we thought to be a bear trail through the grass leading to a big flattened spot. Now, I love all things "wild life-ish" - so here I am looking for any evidence of bear.



Here's one more picture of Pitt Lake - this is when we were just heading out - perfect.




Yesterday I decided to hitch a ride into Vancouver with Dad. While he was at work I decided to take a little tour/trip down memory lane of this beautiful city. I started at UBC, I hadn't been there for years! Now, to my surprise a ton has changed - I didn't even recognize the Old Library. What remained the same was the beautiful view from the rose gardens - one of my favorite places.



After spending some time at UBC, I headed down to Kits for a Starbucks and a walk. It was pretty chilly, but there were still a ton of people out enjoying the low tide. I wish I had my sneakers because I love flipping rocks when the tide is out! I was also able to spend some time downtown and on west 4th (I had lunch at Sophie's Cosmic Cafe - one of my all time favorites!) before hooking back up with dad to head home. Such a great day!



Tonight I hooked up with two amazing friends that I've know for 24 years or so (I'm going to find some super old photos to post while I'm home - stay tuned for that) Anyways, Kendra, Jess, and I had a great time just catching up and swapping stories.

No comments: