Monday, August 13, 2007

Leo Carrillo




I've been wanting to visit the Leo Carrillo tide pools in Malibu all summer. This morning I decided it would be the perfect day to take a trip up the coast! I was a little disappointed when I first arrived, as the beach officer informed me that the tide was still in. I decided to walk down anyways since I'd driven all the way there. Sure enough tide was up...I though I'd just wait it out. I took a long walk down the beach, by the time I'd walked all the way back the tide had started to head out. At first it was just me out there amongst the rocks...but soon enough a frenzy of kids of all ages surrounded me and started pointing out all of the shells and crabs. I spent the next two hours chatting with fellow "tide-poolers" and searching for hidden gems.