Part of my duties as a second grade teacher, is to create something with my students that they can present to their mother/mothers/grandmother/etc this Sunday. In the past, my students have handcrafted cards, created poems, modge-podged frames, and so on. This year, I had my students come up with 13 reasons why they love their mother. They then wrote these reasons on the pages of a blank hardcover book, illustrated each page, and titled it "I Love You Because..."
I have a student in my class this year that I completely adore (yes, I love them all, but sometimes there's just a special connection). This student is at all times kind, innocently honest, and absolutely loves Lego. It's possible I feel a connection to this student because he's so much like my brother was at seven, when it come to Lego. Here are his 13 reasons:
1. I love you because you help me with making paper ships (he's talking about space not sea)
2. I love you because you play games with me like Backgammon.
3. I love you because you help me when I'm sick.
4. I love you because you like my Lego creations unlike my grandfather.
5. I love you because even when my stop-motion-movies are too fast, you like them.
6. I love you because you let me do Extreme Legos.
7. I love you because you pay me three bucks a week.
8. I love you because you take me places where I get inspired to make Lego cities.
9. I love you because you go crazy.
10. I love you because you play Monopoly with me.
11. I love you because you let me be in Brick Master (Lego related).
12. I love you because you participate in thinking about what's interesting in Lego.
13. I love you because you watch me build and you build yourself.
~ This was written independently, I only corrected for spelling.
After I finished reading his draft, I told him his mother was amazing, he agreed and told me she's the best mom on the planet...and that's how he dedicated his book:
To the Best Mom on the Planet
Happy Mother's Day
Love *****
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
His Mom is going to cry when she reads his Mother's Day Book. Tears of joy of course. What a great idea and what a great keepsake to bring out many years down the road.
Talk later!
Mom
Post a Comment