Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Parent/Teacher Conference Time


Each year at the beginning of November, teachers are expected to meet with each family and discuss successes and goals for their child (the parent/teacher conference) I have 22 students - I meet with each family for at least 20 minutes, however they range in length from 20min to an hour. Over the last two weeks I've been meeting with parents before school, after school, during my breaks, during class specialties to try and get them all finished up before the long weekend...it's Wednesday night...and I'm all finished! Attached is a picture of a flower arrangement one of my families brought for me...so appreciated!
Tonight, Dan and I headed to the Grove to see Borat...so funny - I've never laughed so hard - definitely worth seeing. Tomorrow I only have to work until noon and then I'm off to Vancouver/Pitt Meadows to spend the weekend with my family - can't wait - although I'm going to have to transition from 90 degree weather to the rainy season, I hear.

2 comments:

Jason & Priscilla said...

Beautiful flowers Jenny. The parents are so lucky to have such a talented and dedicated teacher! Remember ~ re-gifting is a totally acceptable form of giving.....

Jason & Priscilla said...

Oh yah, you gotta check out the wikipedia article on Borat ~ it's since been altered to mention that he is a fictional character but just read his biography. Too funny!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borat